The New York State Unified Court System has come up with an official website called “webcrims”. The purpose of this website is to give common people the right to various information regarding case number, court date, and various other information regarding any criminal case.
Defendant Name Search
This is done so that common people can have access to surface-level information regarding any person’s criminal history. This website is made so that people do not have to go through any hassle and can access the information with a simple click.
The website includes data about various counties and cities like New York City, Buffalo City Court, Erie, Queens, Putnam, New Rochelle City Court, and more.
But it is to be noted that one cannot get the details instantly on the same date the request has been made. It takes a few weeks to get the court information, county’s information, civil case records, or any other additional information. You can check the website multiple times to see if you are granted permission to access the information you requested or not.
How to Search a Case on Webcrims
- Firstly, you would have to go to the official website of New York City court records. The link is provided below – https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcrim_attorney/AttorneyWelcome
- Next, go and comply with all the terms and conditions and read every crucial notice provided on the website before actually searching up for the records. You have to comply with all the terms and then verify the Captcha to prove that you are a human.
- Then you would have to simply click on the “I agree” button to proceed with the work.
- Lastly, you will be redirected to the page with the search option. There you will be able to see three options. You would have to choose how you will search for the cases and then fill out the dialogue boxes present to search for the record you are looking for and then click the search button to submit the request to the superior court.
The website has three options through which you can do the record search. Those three search criteria are Case Identifier Search, Defendant Name Search, and Court Calendar Search.
Defendant Name search lets any user get all the information about criminal courts or
To search through Defendant Name Search, check out the instructions provided below –
You will be required to fill up two dialogue boxes to find documents and details through Defendant Search.
- Firstly, you have to fill in either the person’s first and last name or put in the corporation’s name.
- In the next box, you need to select the County or court that you know the case may belong to. It is an optional box and is there to simply narrow down the search.
- Lastly, you can choose to either get the information as a PDF or get it on the website directly.
You can also search for the time, date, and location of a court appearance, citation number, and much more through the very same website. Even access to civil calendar attorney search through your attorney bar number is made possible by the superior court office.
Webcrims also let you see information about upcoming criminal case schedules, upcoming court dates, upcoming civil case schedules, or even local administrative schedules with the help of the defendant’s name or docket number. After knowing the schedules, you can also check out the criminal calendars view and the civil calendars view and even though the arrested person’s name and join the WebEx remote proceedings to get more information regarding the case hearing.