The New York State Unified Court System has come up with an online system called “webcrims”. This is a website dedicated to common people and it lets them access criminal records, court records and other information. This is done so that every citizen has the right to information regarding certain court cases and official records as much as can be permitted by the law.
NY Court Calendar Search
Webcrims contain data of criminal courts for many cities and counties such as New York City, Orange, Putnam, Dutchess, the County Court in Erie County and more. The website is very convenient for people as they can simply go to the official website and request cases and documents without having to physically go to the office.
The records are usually kept at the County clerk’s office or the administrative office and you can go and get the records from them. Though visiting the County Clerk can be a bit of a hassle, and thus the website is preferred instead.
But since the data for any cases is to be searched and presented from a huge database, it takes several weeks for any users to get the data they requested for. A user can constantly keep on checking the website for any updates.
To get the records using Court Calendar Search, follow the instructions provided below –
- Upon clicking on Court Calendar Search, you will get a fill up form. The first dropdown option asks you to select a Court.
- The next menu requires you to put information about the start and end dates (The start date must be the same day you are filling the form or any date after the day).
- In the 3rd option you have to either provide with the court part or the Judge last name (You can get this information in Supreme Court and County Courts).
- Lastly, select the output format be it a pdf document or an email or be directly displayed on the page itself.
Now you are done with your request. You just have to wait for the information.
How to Search a Case on Webcrims
- To search for a case on “Webcrims”, you will have to visit the official website of New York City court records. The IP address is as follows – https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcrim_attorney/AttorneyWelcome
- Then you will have to agree to the terms and conditions on the page and go through every notice and instruction provided on the page. Only after these formalities can you search up the records you are looking for. Next, go and agree to the terms and verify the Captcha to prove that you are a human. Then just click on the “I agree” button and you are done.
- Now you will be sent to the page which has the search engine.. There you can choose how to want to proceed with the search and go ahead with the method. The website provides three options for this. Those three searching options are Case Identifier Search, Defendant Name Search and Court Calendar Search.
Also Read: Defendant Name Search
Frequently Asked Questions
You can call 1-800-COURTNY (1-800-268-7869) to get the court date information or go to the official website to search for it.
You can check your court date using the Unified Court System’s WEBHOUSING system in Family Court. Surrogate’s court deals with all the issues regarding estate and wills and thus is of high importance and dates should be never missed. If you miss your court date, you may get a judgement against you. WEBHOUSING gets you the date without any fee matter.
Usually, the documents are public unless there is a special case where it may not be considered as a civil matter and thus gets restricted by the government.